1) Paint your kitchen cabinets - I take my customers to design stores to view options. It is always wise to test the color in your home, prior to any decision/selection. Color can be tricky!
2) Install new exterior lighting - What does this say? "I'm current and bright." (No puns intended.)
3) Paint the exterior - This makes a statement, "I'm well maintained and sharp!"
4) Update Faucets (kitchen + baths)
5) Add some nice accent colors for brightness (possibly new, soft white sofa pillows, change your pots your plants are in, buy a new painting) These are wise investments and can go with you to your new beautiful home!